Postings And Career Fairs
CHOICES is an equal opportunity employer. Please notify Human Resources if you require accommodation during any portion of the recruitment process.
CHOICES has openings for Part Time Support Workers we offer an extensive orientation and every year you will have access to 44 hours of paid education on subject such as person centered planning, medication delivery, Safe Management and a host of other topics!
How to apply Call 905-628-6147 and ask to speak to Human Resources about a job application.
during the application process you will need:
Bona Fide job requirements:
- Able to engage in the physical requirements of SAFE MANAGEMENT and all aspects of the work without limitations (Physical Demands Analysis [PDA] available)
- Fluency in English – writing and reading comprehension - which includes the ability to understand written English and provide explanations to clients on a variety of subject including medication administration items
- Developmental Service Worker, Social Service Worker or Child and Youth Worker (Advance Diploma) and one year experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities
- Demonstrated ability to support and promote a Person Centered environment
- Able to work shift work including weekends and statutory holidays
- Documented training or certification in behavioural intervention techniques
- Demonstrated ability to observe and document behaviour
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in both day and residential programs- possess a high degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to clearly present case information at case conferences and meetings
- Must have successfully completed probation; Valid Driver’s License, a clean driving record, a reliable vehicle and insurable under Agency Broker. First Aid and CPR certified
- NOTE: you will need a mobile device capable of receiving text or calls to accept shifts outside of your usual rotation
- Community Service Workers, Personal Support Workers and others will be considered
- Fluency in French an asset
Applicants will be Required to Demonstrate:
- Computer Skills.
- Contribute to and/or develop a PCP
- Ability to document according to CHOICES policy [internal candidates only]
- Respond to case scenario questions