CHOICES Diversity Statement
Choices recognizes the inherent dignity and worth of every person and is committed to creating an environment that is safe, accessible, inclusive and respectful of any and all individuals who come into the CHOICES workplace or who interact with members of the CHOICES staff and volunteers.
CHOICES knows that inequality is maintained by discrimination against and systemic marginalization of people based on, but not exclusive to, ability, age, class, socioeconomic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, language, race, religion, reproductive and parenting decisions and sexual orientation.
CHOICES recognizes that there is strength in diversity and we harness this strength by:
- Developing policies, protocols, programs and services that seek to eliminate systemic barriers and promote inclusion in every facet of our work
- Understanding, accepting and increasing diversity within the Agency, staff, and clients of our support services
- Creating opportunities for dialogue and self-reflection and supporting a continued commitment to social justice and anti-oppression principles
- Seeking out and applying the perspective of those who are marginalized in recognition that they are integral to the processes of assessment and development of equity strategies
- Respecting and valuing everyone for their contribution, celebrating peoples' differences and providing equality of opportunities for all.
In pursuit of these goals, CHOICES Association adheres to the Ontario Human Rights Code. Approved by the Board: June 2014